MEET THE BANDD MATES
At BANDD/DESIGN, we believe that design should feel effortless, interesting, and purposeful. We have bases in Austin, Texas, and Los Angeles, California but we find inspiration from everywhere – our travels, art, fashion, culture, and even our kids.
Click our photos to learn more about us.
Design Director + Senior Designer
Meghan is a native Texan, growing up in Houston, who earned her Bachelor’s degree in Studio Art from the University of Texas and her Master’s of Interior Architecture from Cal Poly Pomona.
Her love of design was born through her passion for art from a very young age. This interest in art history took her to study fine arts in college, concentrating on drawing and painting. Interior Design was always a passion on the side, and after college, she relocated to Los Angeles to study Interior Architecture. She lived in Los Angeles for 5 years where she immersed herself in the design community, joining ASID and working for several LA residential designers. To Meghan, design should have a personality that goes beyond functionality. Your home should truly reflect both who you are and how you will live in the space.
- Favorite part of being backstage at BANDD: Working with this team is the best part of my day. This group of smart, funny, creative, strong, badass women make work more fun everyday.
- Favorite part of the design process: The installation. Seeing something we have drawn or mocked up for a client come to life is the best, and having a client excited to see their finished space makes it worth it.
- Design principle you swear by: It all comes back to proportion and scale. Making sure your pieces are well proportioned in the space and with each other.
- Best meal you’ve ever eaten: The traditional Cuban dinner my family has every year for Noche Buena. I look forward to it all year!
- Favorite Movie quote: “If you can’t say something nice about someone, come sit next to me.” – Steel Magnolias.
- Karaoke go-to song: Truth Hurts by: Lizzo (could almost do it without the prompter)
- If you weren’t working in design, you’d be: Own a winery in Napa. You get to drink the wine you make right?
Arielle was born and raised in New Jersey. Her journey as a designer took root in her hometown of Princeton, a town that epitomizes both tradition and innovation. From there, Arielle earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture from Roger Williams University (Bristol, RI), where her studies also included a minor in Visual Arts (Sculpture). The School of Architecture was where her design perspective evolved, allowing her to grasp spatial dynamics, material intricacies, and innovative structural concepts. This academic program shaped her capacity to seamlessly integrate aesthetics with intention, a skill that would guide her future endeavors. Currently, she is an interior designer who combines her education and surroundings to create functional and visually appealing spaces that match clients’ preferences and needs.
- Favorite part of being backstage at BANDD: Getting to work so closely with incredibly creative people, who also love to have a good time!
- Favorite part of the design process: I love the excitement and energy that comes at the start of a new project.
- Design principle you swear by: Visual hierarchy. It’s such a simple tool, and yet it’s so impactful.
- Best meal you’ve ever eaten: I’m a Jersey girl, so I’m going to have to say eating a pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwich with my grandmother while overlooking the beach as a kid.
- Favorite Movie quote: “Magic is really very simple. All you’ve got to do is want something and let yourself have it.” – Halloweentown
- Karaoke go-to song: “Semi-Charmed Life” by Third Eye Blind
- If you weren’t working in design, you’d be: Working in the social sciences. I’d switch my focus from people’s external worlds to their internal worlds.