JOB DESCRIPTION :
Do you love interior design? Are you fast on your feet and love an ever-changing day-to-day schedule? Are you an ambitious, self-starter? Are you obnoxiously detail-oriented? Consider yourself a jack-of-all-trades? Then you may love working with us.
We are a rapidly-growing residential and commercial interior design studio that is looking to add a Design Assistant to our crew! We are a laid-back but very hard-working team that works very closely together and strives to provide the utmost client experience. The position would include supporting the designers on staff in day-to-day project management, providing architectural drawings, material sourcing, and pricing with vendors. This position reports directly to the Principal Designer, as well as the rest of the design team. The position includes a monthly car + phone stipend, bonuses based on performance, and has the ability to quickly grow.
- Provide support and administration to the principal designer and team
- Generate architectural drawings including reflected ceiling floor plans and elevation drawings
- Spec and source materials for design projects, including sample ordering
- Collect and verify pricing and availability for material items for projects
- Travel locally to job sites, showrooms, and stores
- Business development for the firm as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields
- 1+ year of related work experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Mac applications, G Suite
- High knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications.
- Quick on your feet with high proficiency for learning new cloud applications.
- Basic knowledge of design requirements, construction methods, and materials for multiple types of interior environments.
- Basic knowledge of vendors and to-the-trade business partners
- Strong spatial understanding and awareness for furniture floor planning and remodeling
- Self-starter and a quick learner
- Great ability to multitask, work independently as well as with others
- Always one step ahead of everyone else
- Highly self-motivated and amped to grow professionally and personally
- Reliable car and willing to travel on occasion
- Ability to help haul items as needed
- Must be based in Austin, TX area and able to travel to the office
- Easy-going and drama-free
- You have your own Mac computer to use for work
- You are proficient in generating 3D renderings
- You are serious about work but have a great sense of humor
- Unlimited PTO
- Support for personal + professional development
- Opportunities for a health benefit package
- Ample bonus plan and potential for commission
- Team events such as happy hours, lunches, and travel
- Being around all-around awesome people on a daily basis